Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Why Your Motives Define Everything

-Motives&Madness-
We get dressed up to get undressed
So we can impress our weakness 
Cause we’re obsessed with her silk dress

We clean up this mess with another mess

I’m in debt to this impulse
Like a cigarette that’s been smoked
They say I’m surrounded by safety like an egg yoke
My grizzly fate that I don’t know 
Will be here in a flash like a photo
I’ll be flash fried, but whatever. Yolo.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

     What if everything I do is for myself? I have a hard time discerning even my own motives sometimes. I have to ask, why am I really doing this? Is this blog just a big place for me to attempt to gain the acceptance of other people? Is it an outlet for me to prove to people I am not completely stupid even though my SAT scores and report cards hint that I won't ever amount to much? I don’t know really have an answer. I just know what the answer should be. I should want more than anything to do everything that I do, for God.
     I’m not going to lie, it is a little weird because I feel completely and utterly called to write. I feel as though it is what I was meant to do. That gives me an excuse that no matter what happens, I am in the clear because this is what I was called to do, right? Wrong. It’s tricky. Bare with me if you are still confused… What if my motives are wrong, because when I do “God’s work”, I am really just doing it for my own gain? Sometimes I just want to keep up all this writing so that one day I can be well known. I constantly need reminding that I am not the focus. I can go get hit by a bus. I am nothing without Him. I want God to speak through me. If my motives are all jacked up, how can I allow Him to clearly speak through me?
     We must all make sure that the reason we do anything, is to bring God glory. I don’t care how old you are, no man or woman is perfect. This post goes out to people of all ages. What are your motives for singing, writing, speaking, giving advice, playing sports, preaching God’s word, going to work, going to church, sounding philosophical, etc. Heck what is the reason you post on Facebook that you are having an amazing quiet time? I’m pretty sure the only thing that’s quiet at that moment is the Holy Spirit. 
     I remember I used to underline things in my Bible. I would convince myself it was helping me, but secretly I would be doing it in hopes that people would see how much I marked it up and think I was some spiritual person. It was bull crap.

So why am I even writing this blog post right now? For you all to see it? Or for God to work in someone’s life? I pray that my motives are not twisted. Because I am. Thankfully God uses my twisted personality to say things like all this. 

Where are your motives at?

#Freedom,
-Luke.

( - Song Of The Day: Trip Lee - Manolo - )

No comments:

Post a Comment