Thursday, October 30, 2014

Why Life Is Too Short To Worry

I found it (Poem)

Tick tock. Tick tock.
Look at my wrist watch, this is it. Watch me lift off.
Why does everybody seem ticked off about something?
Everything I've been afraid of I just flicked off like it's nothing.
I found what I've been searching my whole life for.
Everything I dreamed, wanted to be clean,
prayed to my God, “take away the sting!”
What I never realized was that good could still come.
I found it.
My grades went from B's to C's
There's something cleaning me
I don't think they get it. They can't see the mission.
That's okay, I won't hold it against them.
I'm going to chase this secret I found.
Everybody keeps trying to drag me down.
Telling me it's impossible as they sing, “nothing is impossible with Jesus.”
If you want the good life you better please us.
We can give you everything if you seek us.
The people I love tell me I need them.
But I just keep pointing to these pages, screaming that they would read them.
I guess they can't read if they're blind, though.
They can't see us, that's my que.
My que is here.
My que is here.
My que is here.
It's here I say.
Dating isn't as important
My career isn't as important
I don't care if my car is imported
No matter what I'm in, I floor it.
I keep trying to get to the core of it.
I found it.
I'm never going to stop chasing; they don't get it.
These Christians don't get it.
I think they missed it.
They have a mold and they want me to fit it.
My little light, I lit it.
It's about to shine bright not for me to be seen,
but so the light can reveal the true King.
Glory be, I found it.
There's not any way to get around it.
Lead me, I'm waiting.
I'm never going to stop creating.
Whenever my light starts fading, I'll know I've almost made it.
It's not hard for me to say it, I found it.
I pray that I'm always grounded.
I'm worthless, without Him
I found it.
Friends, I found it.
Family, I found it.
Everybody, I found it!
I prayed for years wanting to find a purpose, not realizing I was praying to my purpose.
Everybody's opinions are merciless.
Telling me I'll change my mind cause I'm young.
None of them get it.
They don't get it.
I found it.
I REALLY found it.
Welcome to the death of me,
Everybody, I found it.


     So my book is coming out November 15th; my 18th birthday. I pray more than anything it is a statement that shows kids can do more than what adults expect them to do, and that we can do whatever we pursue with excellence under the Grace of Jesus. I want my generation to rise. I want us to fight everything that the world throws at us. Right now the media uses us as their main demographic to poison. They see us as blank pages. I want us to realize we are the masters of our beliefs, because God put us in charge of them. We can choose to fall to this world, or rise to Jesus.
     This book shows my scars and every wound I carry. I’ve just come to realize that this life isn’t important. Being more specific, my life isn’t important. My image is not important. If this book ruins my image, but brings even one person to the Lord, I have succeeded. What I found is my purpose. And it has everything to do with people’s souls, and not what they think of me. It isn’t one that involves living a safe life, I know that much. I want to help people at all costs. I feel a calling to engage our culture, and transform it from the inside out. Do we spend our time trying to help other people, or trying to change other people to fit our molds? Love and Jesus, it’s all that is required of us.
     I’m going to keep screaming “Jesus" in the coolest way I know how. I have found the confidence to speak truth and be real regardless of what happens to people’s opinions of me. If there is one thing I can get across to you in this post, let this be it… Life is too short to worry. Life is too short to always be making decisions based on what other people will think. Life is too short not to do something. 
     The day I turn 18, and I want people to see that we don’t have to have a degree in theology to be honest about our problems, love Jesus, and speak truth. 18 is so young, I completely realize that. Life is too short to wait. Please don’t tell yourself that what you feel called to do can wait until after college, marriage, or whatever excuse you have. 
     Let this book show the life of me, an average dude, who found his purpose and didn’t let anything hold him back. Let this book show that even though I have some incredibly deep wounds and scars, God can transform them into medicine for others. Let God use you. Life is too short to wait. And let this book prove to you that God can use my generation to make an impact here and now. 
     The cool thing about redemption is, even though God covers all the sin in your life, the scars remain. He leaves them to be used as a teaching device for everyone else. So that you can yell at the top of your lungs, “I am broken, but look at who fixed me! I am worthless, but look at who has worth!” One of my favorite lyrics of all time is from Amazing Grace, “I once was blind, but now I see.” So simple. And so powerful. The writer of that song, he got it. He understands what I have discovered. It is time to wake up and change the world. 

Wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment