Saturday, August 9, 2014

The Mind Of Luke

-The Mind Of Luke-

What scares me is what other people give up on.
When you ask them what they dream about they blabble through a sentence like a run-on.
It’s as if the force of laziness is seeming a little too strong.
As soon as I get told I can’t do something, I want to prove them dead wrong
And you can chase anything you have the passion to do.
Fight giving up like you’re a master at Ju-Jitsu
I don’t know when you’ll catch it, but I know you can
You don’t have to worry if it’s all a part of His plan
Sometimes I doubt God’s strength, as if I can even understand
And I point the finger at myself telling people I’m the man
God isn’t confined to you’re spiritual episodes, and sunday morning
He is in the same place He was then, even when you’re mourning
I think there’s something wrong if you’re the same as you were a year ago
Because eventually your walls will come crashing down like Jericho
If I’m not the best then I will become the best, or just not even try
I’m funny looking like all the rest, I kinda have a caving for apple pie
Sorry, sometimes my words come out as nonsense
Like when I try to justify the meaning of what wrong is
I wonder if people will like me for who I really am?
I big fake who writes stuff about how he does the same thing over and over again.
I didn’t grow up in a prefect home, but they tried their best.
That’s all you can ask from parents that barely get any rest.
I did however grow up around a perfect environment, 
until I got a taste of the real world that showed how we’re just spiraling
down the toilet. I don’t even know what's going on yet. 
But I know there’s something deeply wrong and upset.
With this blind world that doesn’t want to admit it.
Still when it comes to heaven everybody thinks they're admitted.
Who knows maybe I could be getting a little schizophrenic.
I don't really care if doing what I love gives me weird glances.
And I not gonna compromise my standards, 
I'm sticking with God and I'm taking my chances.
Yeah, I’m a hypocrite.
I’m sorry it's too late to quit.
I can’t do this on my own I need Jesus to deal with this.
Got a bunch of thoughts running through my head.
I won’t give up this til I’m gone and dead.
I don’t think they heard what I said.
I won’t give up this until I’m dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment