Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Why You Are Not Alone In Feeling Alone

-Psycho-

Am I really all I've got?/

I do the same thing, fall for the same things, struggle with the same things, guess I'm a robot/

Quite honestly I feel like a psycho/

In fact these words have become my new Bible/

I've replaced God with talking about God/

And the sad part is I'm already gone./

Well, my mind is gone at least/

I've pretty much mastered the art of acting Christian./

I can show up to church and talk about Jesus with my friends, then stop and tie my shoe lace/

Next thing you know I see a pretty girl and it's too late/

I should watch out for Batman cause I'm Two Face./

Heck, I'm even scared to open The Word./

I go from claiming Jesus, to saying his name as a verb./

And you know what's worse?/

It doesn't even hurt./

My filter in my head is all bad so there's nothing my mind won't blurt./

I'm living a lie and feel like a psycho./

I feel like I messed up and my whole life is a typo/

God if you're listening, I'm sorry for this./

I'm sorry for the deeds in my head that I can never forget./

Maybe none of this would have happened if we could all have been honest./

The only reason I keep up this fake lifestyle is because I think everybody else is flawless./

Everybody will hate me if they find out it wasn't God I was seeking/

I wish I would have known that's what everybody else has been thinking/

I'm quite scared of my nightmares cause they're right there. And I even have the nerve to glare at God and scream, “I DON'T HAVE WHAT HE HAS, THIS ISN'T FAIR! DO YOU EVEN CARE?!"/

I can't escape this dream, but I know there's something more/

And one day I'll wake up, see Him and my jaw will hit the floor./

I won't have to worry, but for now I do/

But I'm never giving up and you'll never hear me say, "God, I'm through.”

     In this day and age it is easy to get on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat or whatever you use, and easily have contact with most, if not all, of your friends. If you’re like me, then you can be very insecure a lot of the time. You might compare yourself to other people, just like me. Or even think that you are all alone and that nobody else thinks like you. Its where we get the stereotypical teenage saying, “Nobody understands me.” This is a struggle for me and for most other people.
     But it is also one of the biggest lies from Satan. He wants us to think that we are all alone. He wants us to hide in our rooms and pray to a God we really haven’t studied. Where we fail, is thinking that we already have the answers. Just know you are not alone. There are plenty of others that are questioning their faith, just like you. There are plenty of others that have absolutely no clue what they want to do with their life. There are plenty of others that have two identities: a smart, witty person who seems to have life figured out, and the confused weakling that doesn’t have true faith in anything at all. (And not everybody shows their good side in public)
     The good news: that’s okay! Living in an imperfect world will result in confusion. We won’t ever have all the answers. Frankly what lifts my spirits is when I can consistently do a devotional or something as small as that. When we burry ourselves in sorrow, guess what happens? All we see is sadness (Shocker!). But when we constantly feed that flame of hope, even when we don’t feel like it, God will be faithful. 
     You are not alone in feeling out of place. Which if you think about it, actually makes you fit right in with the misfits. With that being said, just because everyone else struggles with something, doesn’t mean that it is justified. We need to open our eyes cling to the hope that is right in front of us. If we can be honest with each other, we can get a lot more done. Instead of feeling guilty and alone, we can feel free and safe! This is all a mind game. And the devil is pretty good at distorting it.

Find Freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment